Golden Seal 500mgGolden Seal 500mg, an herbal supplement containing Golden Seal root, is a gastrointestinal support formula.
The compounds in Golden Seal are used traditionally to:
- Help maintain healthy mucous membranes
- Relieve mild temporary digestive discomfort
- Support healthy mucous membranes in the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts
- Work as a tonic to benefit the entire body
- Stimulate digestion
- Support liver function*
Golden Seal Quality Story
Golden Seal (Hydrastis canadensis) is an endangered herb and as a result is very expensive and often substituted with other herbs.The substituted herbs usually contain the substance berberine which provides the yellow color, but they do not contain hydrastine which is unique to Golden Seal. Only HPLC enables this differentiation to be made. MediHerb only buys cultivated Golden Seal to ensure long term sustainability of the herb. MediHerb tests each batch of Golden Seal raw material and finished product to ensure the claimed levels of hydrastine and berberine are present. Using HPLC, MediHerb is able to clearly differentiate true Golden Seal from other berberine-containing herbs. The table demonstrates the difference between the various berberine-containing species. The top trace is an example of substitution where a professional product being sold in Australia as Indian Golden Seal matched the trace of Coptis chinensis.
- Combine with Garlic Forte tablets to support healthy immune system function.
- Consider HiPep tablets to promote healthy tone and function within the upper gastrointestinal tract.
- Combines well with Gut Flora Complex capsules to further cleanse and promote health in the lower gastrointestinal tract.
- Consider combining with Sinus Forte, ResCo®, Broncafect® or PulmaCo tablets for healthy respiratory tract tissue.*
Golden Seal 500mg Fact SheetView
GI Flora Balance Program HandoutView
Suggested Use: 1 tablet 2 - 3 times daily, or as directed.
Caution: Contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation and patients with high blood pressure. For other contraindications and cautions consult your health care professional. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Nutrients & Ingredients
For other contraindications and cautions, please refer to the Potential Herb-Drug Interactions Chart. The chart can be found here: Potential Herb-Drug Interactions Chart
Please consult the product packaging label for the most accurate product information.
Select 2 to 3 items to compare