St John's Wort 1.8gSt John’s Wort 1.8g is a nervous system support formula containing St John’s Wort traditionally known to support healthy mood. The compounds in St John’s Wort have been used traditionally to:
- Help maintain healthy emotional balance
- Support the body to cope with occasional stress of everyday life
- Help support healthy mood balance
- Help relieve occasional sleeplessness/restlessness
- Help relieve mild temporary nervous tension and stress*
St John’s Wort Quality Story
St John’s Wort is comprised of a wide range of phytochemicals of which the naphthodianthrones (consisting mainly of hypericin and pseudohypericin) are characteristic, while several other constituents are found across a very wide variety of plant species; e.g., chlorogenic acid, flavonoids and biapigenins.
An animal study has shown that hypericin administered with flavonoid glycosides caused an increase in the bioavailability of hypericin. St John’s Wort extracts containing the flavonoid glycosides but devoid of hypericin and hyperforin have been shown to be pharmacologically active in model systems. Additionally, extracts devoid of hyperforin have been proven effective in clinical trials as have extracts containing hyperforin. In the graph, all extracts contained the same level of napthodianthrones (hypericins), however a wide range of variation was shown for the other constituents when analyzed by HPLC - some extracts having very low levels of all the phytochemicals you would expect in a good quality extract of Hypericum perforatum. MediHerb recognizes the importance of all the other constituents, particularly the OPCs and flavonoids and tests all its products using the techniques which allow the identification of these components.
- Combine with Echinacea Premium tablets or liquid for enhanced immune system support.
- Combines well with Nevaton Forte tablets for further healthy nervous system response.
- Consider Ashwagandha Complex tablets or Rhodiola & Ginseng Complex tablets to help maintain feelings of general well-being when experiencing temporary stress.
- Combine with Kava-Forte tablets to calm the nerves.
- Consider FemCo tablets to additionally ease everyday tension.
- Consider Valerian Complex tablets to promote relaxation and encourage sleep.
- Consider Nervagesic to provide relief from occasional sleeplessness.*
St. John's Wort 1.8g Fact Sheet (Digital Only)View
Suggested Use: 1 tablet 2 - 3 times daily, or as directed.
Caution: Not to be used during pregnancy and lactation unless otherwise directed by a qualified health care professional. Do not use this product while taking any prescription drug(s) without the advice of your prescribing physician. Avoid excessive exposure to UV irradiation (e.g., sunlight, tanning) when using this product. For other contraindications and cautions consult your health care professional. This product is packaged in a facility that manufactures other products containing soy, milk, egg, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish and shellfish. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
Nutrients & Ingredients
For other contraindications and cautions, please refer to the Potential Herb-Drug Interactions Chart. The chart can be found here: Potential Herb-Drug Interactions Chart
Please consult the product packaging label for the most accurate product information.
Select 2 to 3 items to compare