Last Updated on December 20, 2019
If you are a California resident, please also see Appendix A “Privacy Information for California Residents” for supplemental California-specific privacy information.
- Standard Process’ Collection of Your Information
In the course of using the Sites, Standard Process may ask users for their name, email address, postal address, mobile or other telephone number, fax number, care provider’s name, personal health information and payment information, and other relevant information. Standard Process may collect additional information depending on how you are using the Sites, such as:
- Health care providers may be asked to provide information specific to their clinics, such as clinic name, address, telephone number, and website URL. Standard Process may also collect account registration information, including usernames, passwords, and answers to security questions.
- For employment applications, Standard Process may collect additional information through a third party website (such as https://recruiting.ultipro.com), including previous work experience, education information, licenses and certifications, and other personal information.
In many cases, users choose the amount of information they supply. There may be instances in which some of the information that we ask users to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. In such cases, if users do not provide mandatory personal information with respect to a particular activity, users will not be able to engage in that activity. Standard Process also may collect certain information that is not personally identifiable when you visit our Sites, such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, the domain name of your Internet service provider, aggregate data about the number of visits to the Sites, and/or aggregate data about the pages visited. Information gathered through the Sites may be transferred, used, and stored in the United States and in foreign jurisdictions in which we, our agents, customers, and other users of the Sites are located, and by accessing the Sites, you consent to the transfer, use, and storage of your information in those jurisdictions.
- How Standard Process Uses the Information
Standard Process uses non-personally identifiable information—whether non-identifying, de-identified, anonymized, or aggregated (collectively, “De-identified Data”)—to improve the design and content of the Sites and to enable Standard Process to personalize your online experience. Standard Process may use the De-identified Data to analyze the Sites’ usage as well as create services and/or products to fit your needs. Also, Standard Process may share this De-identified Data with Standard Process’ related entities, advertisers, partners, and/or other third-party vendors. Standard Process shall own such De-identified Data and may maintain copies of such as part of its records.
Except as otherwise indicated, Standard Process uses the personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) you provide about yourself:
- to process and fulfill your order(s) for products;
- to respond to any of your inquiries or questions about our products and/or services;
- for internal marketing purposes;
- to provide you with additional and updated information, materials, and other advertisements regarding Standard Process products and/or services;
- to offer you other materials and/or information that Standard Process believes may be of interest to you;
- to cooperate with government officials or parties in litigation under process of law, to prevent a crime, or as otherwise required by law;
- to enforce or comply with Standard Process’s contracts with you, your care provider, or other third parties or protect the security or integrity of the Site;
- to protect against fraud, identity theft, or a threat of safety or destruction of property;
- to protect against legal liability;
- to create and manage user accounts;
- to process payment;
- to communicate with the user’s health care provider regarding the user’s use of the Site; and/or
- to perform data analyses and/or research (including de-identification and aggregation of Personal Information).
The De-identified Data and Personal Information may be disclosed, transferred, assigned, licensed, distributed, and/or sold as part of Standard Process or its assets. In addition, if Standard Process becomes the subject of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, Standard Process or its trustee in bankruptcy may disclose, sell, assign, license, or otherwise transfer such information in a transaction approved by the appropriate court.
The Sites are not intended for children under the age of 16. Standard Process does not knowingly collect personal information from users under 16 years of age. In the event that Standard Process becomes aware that it has collected personal information from a user under 16 years of age, it will take steps to delete such information from its database. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do Not Track
The Site does not respond to “do not track” requests. All traffic is treated as equal and processed the same. If you desire to have your browsing be private, we suggest that you use your web browser’s private or incognito function, or similar options.
- Opt Out
You may choose not to receive marketing materials regarding Standard Process products by simply notifying Standard Process directly at email@example.com or at 800-558-8740. Upon receipt and processing of an “opt-out” request, Standard Process will, within a commercially reasonable amount of time, remove your information from any future unsolicited marketing communications. Your request not to receive marketing materials will not apply to information that you request to receive.
If you are a California resident, please also see Appendix A titled “Privacy Information for California Residents” for further supplemental information about additional rights you may exercise.
- Security, No Liability
Standard Process uses reasonable efforts to implement security measures designed to help protect against the risk of loss, misuse, and alteration of any information under Standard Process’ control. Nevertheless, please keep in mind that such security measures may not prevent all loss, misuse, or alteration of information on the Sites, and transmission of information over the Internet and on mobile platforms is not always secure, which means we cannot and do not guarantee the security or confidentiality of any information that you provide to us. Given this reality, your use of our Sites and your decision to provide personal information to us is at your own risk. Standard Process is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such security failures.
Furthermore, email is not a secure form of communication. Please do not send us your Social Security number, credit card number, or other sensitive personal information via email. Although we will take reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and from our Sites or over mobile networks; any transmission is at your own risk. You understand that data and communications, including email and other electronic communications, may be accessed by unauthorized third parties when communicated over the Internet.
- Third Party Websites
- IP Addresses and Cookies
- Third Party Analytics
We may use third party analytics on the Sites to enable us to continually improve the content we offer to you, for systems administration purposes, to evaluate your use of the Sites, to compile reports on activity, to analyze performance metrics, and to collect and evaluate other information related to the Sites. Some of our analytics can be used to track users over time, for geo-location purposes, and across third party websites. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customer interact with our websites. To learn more about Google Analytics’ privacy practices and the opt-out choices it offers, please visit the following websites: https://policies.google.com/privacy, https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. We also use DoubleClick cookies and/or pixels, along with Google Ads.
- How to Contact Standard Process for Any Reason